Charm City Care Connection has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Elly Kirschner, Senior Director, Harris Rand Lusk , 260 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10016
Please send resume and cover letter with “CCCC” in the subject line of your email to:
Individuals who have personal experience with drug use or sex work, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and the formerly incarcerated are strongly encouraged to apply.
CCCC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, political belief, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or gender expression. CCCC complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity and Americans with Disabilities Act laws and regulations in the areas of hiring, compensation, benefits and promotion.
Founded in 2009 by a group of local medical students in partnership with community members to address disparities in health and health care delivery in Baltimore’s underserved communities, Charm City Care Connection’s (“CCCC”) mission is to promote health, self-determination, and self-advocacy for individuals and communities affected by drug use, stigma, poverty, and inequities, with a primary focus on serving individuals who use drugs.
Initially Charm City Clinic worked with the residents of East Baltimore – both by engaging them and providing preventive health screenings and comprehensive case management, addressing health disparities and inequities in health and access to care. After 10 years of work, the CCCC board and staff opened a harm reduction service program offering overdose education, naloxone distribution, sterile syringe distribution and collection, regular drop-in hours, weekly lunches, and other activities to address the growing crisis of drug use and related health problems. Today, CCCC’s focus is serving individuals who use drugs through drop-in services, outreach, and case management, in collaboration with community partners.
CCCC is seeking an experienced professional to join their team in the Director of Operations role. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Operations is responsible for all the administrative functions of the organization. This includes financial management and reporting, managing human resources and compliance activities and requirements, managing day-to-day operations and logistics, and developing and implementing policies and procedures to support operations and programming. They will be integral to the leadership team in implementing a strategy that will enhance and sustain CCCC’s internal capacity. In addition, the Director of Operations will be expected to be proactive in their work, improving service delivery and advancing programmatic strategic goals as a collaborative member of the CCCC team.
Finance and Operations
- Work closely with the Executive Director and the leadership team to develop and manage the organizational budget while ensuring financial processes and policies are current, communicated clearly, and followed
- Participate in the development of budgets for grant proposals and prepare budget modifications
- Produce timely and accurate financial reports, including for board meetings and grant reports, and complete the annual audit
- Liaise with the programming teams to identify budget needs, review expenditures by program, and reconcile with grant allocations
- Supervise the Operations Coordinator, consultants and vendors and manage contracts/agreements
- Work closely with external accounting firm to conduct a monthly reconciliation of expenditures for all grants
- Oversee a comprehensive accounts receivable filing system, including copies of funding agreements and submitted invoices
- Serve as the primary financial point of contact for all contracts and grants
Human Resources and Compliance
- With the Executive Director, ensure legal compliance and risk mitigation, including organizational insurance procurement and maintenance, annual and periodic staff training, and legal document and policy maintenance
- Maintain and manage health and retirement benefits, including procurement and ongoing relationships with vendors
- Maintain relevant registrations and compliance documents, such as the state
- Evaluate and update as necessary internal employment and HR policies, procedures, and processes in collaboration with staff and clients
- Develop and maintain a robust system for on-boarding and off-boarding of employees
- Supervise HR Consultant to run payroll, serve as the point of contact for ADP, and complete other projects as assigned
- Provide administrative support for new and ongoing programming
- Participate in staff meetings and professional development
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership or management role at a nonprofit organization
- Direct experience with and comprehensive knowledge of financial management/reporting, organizational budgeting, and human resources for a grant-funded organization
- Familiarity with nonprofit finance and accounting regulations
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of how operations and finance support the broader mission of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills, unflagging attention to detail and the ability to multi-task effectively
- Self-motivated team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to address and solve problems as they arise
- Committed to working with people who use drugs within a harm reduction model in a way that affirms dignity and humanity
- Experience working with and respect for culturally diverse stakeholders (gender, ethnic, age, language, political)
- Proficient in computer software packages including MS Office applications, especially Excel
- Sense of humor with the ability to function under pressure
The Director of Operations is a full-time, salaried position, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Charm City Care Connection offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), 14 paid holidays and generous paid time off. This is a hybrid position, at least 60% on-site, or more as needed.
For more information on Charm City Care Connection, please visit their website at: https://www.charmcitycareconnection.org/